Wednesday, January 1

Perhaps my very favorite gift this year.

Last night we traded gifts with some very dear friends of ours.  I opened this necklace. My eyes immediately filled with tears--happy tears.  There is something to be said for a friend that knows you so well and cares for you so much.  A friend that can give a simple gift and have it represent so much.  A friend who knows what this year holds for me and wanted me to remember truth on a daily basis.  

As we rang in the New Year with our dear friends, I thought about how good and gracious God has been to me.  No matter how desolate it seems at times, no matter how out of control life in this world seems, God always meets me there, just as he promised.  And time and time again over the last few years, he has used a group of core friends to push me closer and closer to him.  My understanding of the gospel has grown exponentially.

May 2014 be a year of life-giving and gospel living for us all!

No comments: