Saturday, October 23

Such a story as this.

"he is teaching me that he really will write a more beautiful story that I would ever be able to."


I read this on a friend's blog today. She is a college student and has found herself at a pivotal point--a point I remember quite vividly. A point where you realize that maybe (and maybe not?) God has something better for you, something different for you than all those things you had originally planned. A point in which, for me, meant changing directions, changing majors, and disappointing some people in the process. A point that took me to the best summers of my life, that took me to Thailand, that lead me to John, and laid the foundations for the life I live today.

The funny thing is, as I read these words, my heart just melted. Not because I've been there before, but because I am there now. I am not sure I could have said it any better than that. It is a humbling experience to be loved and cared for so much by the church. And by the "church" I mean not only the church as a whole, but even more specifically, a handful of people within the church. Outside of my college years, I am not sure I have ever been in such a sure place as this. I am definitely struggling. I am definitely growing in my faith. The path we are walking is surely not a path I would have chosen for us, but rather one He has chosen. And while it is not the most comfortable, I am glad to be walking it with my friends.

As my friend Rebekah wrote, "he is teaching me that he really will write a more beautiful story that I would ever be able to." Indeed.

No comments: