Thursday, October 28

Perspective Lessons from a 3 Year Old

Thursdays are hard for me. Ellie has dance in the early afternoon, and Maggie has dance in the late afternoon. The two times do not meet in the middle or overlap. I drive to the studio (not terribly far) three times in the afternoon/evening. Sometimes we carpool with friends, but today was not one of those days. Bentley also has Cub Scouts on Thursday evenings. John had a cross country meet (the region meet--super important), so tonight I drove all over my little corner of the world. On the way to dance, Ellie asked me, "Mommy, why did God make my sparkle-y shoes?" I was tired and in a hurry, so I quickly answered, "I don't know." She laughed at me and said, "Silly Mommy! For His own glory." And of course, she's right. Even in the small things, the seemingly insignificant things, it is still for his own glory. And my baby sure does love her sparkle-y shoes.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

I love a good Ellie quote, but this is one of my favorites!