Thursday, June 17

Rainbows and Promises...

I don't have much time this morning; it's VBS week in our neighborhood. I do want to tell you about Mag's swim meet the other night. Maggie had five races and all five races in heat 1, which are the races that count for points for the team. She was nervous, and she NEVER gets nervous. At start time, it was sunny and about 100 degrees. I was getting her friend Ava in line for event 1, and Maggie followed us over. She tapped me on the shoulder and told me her tummy hurt, and one look at her and I knew she was about to cry. I couldn't leave Ava, so I leaned down and whispered to Maggie to go back to our chairs away from the crowd and sit and pray for a minute.


When Ava's mom got there, I went back over and Maggie was completely fine. I didn't mention it for fear that she would start crying. The meet started, and we swam...and the girls swam well!!! Then it stormed. While we sat it out, Mags had just enough time to start worrying again. She sat down under my feet--it was very, very crowded under the shelter--and journaled. After about fifteen minutes, the sun returned and we began to set things back up for a LONG night. This is what appeared in the sky:


The swim meet started again, and before we knew it, it was 11:15 at night! Maggie, John, and I walked home, and on the way Maggie told me thank you for reminding her to pray. I had almost forgotten about it, but she remembered and she was happy to report that it did indeed calm her nerves. Man I love that little girl!

And she swam well--she took home 3 second place ribbons, 1 third place ribbon, and 1 fourth place ribbon.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love it when God shows up in big ways for out little ones!