Tuesday, May 4

A dose of reality:

  • There is a pile of laundry sitting in my living room. I have every intention of folding it and putting it away. We'll see how that goes. :) There is a larger pile in the laundry room. I have no intention of getting it done today.
  • Maggie is sitting on the couch and begging to use watercolors to paint a birthday card for a friend. I said "no," but she has no idea the reasoning is BECAUSE.SHE.IS.ON.THE.COUCH. Really?
  • Bentley is at the dining room table doing math. He has three lessons left, and is uber excited to be done. Maggie isn't the only one who learned a lot of math this year!
  • Ellie is walking around with a meter stick as a horse. She just asked me to "pet" it. I did, and then I told her that her horsey was pretty. Ellie responded with, "She's so soft, isn't she?" My how my life has changed in the last 9 years!
  • I bought tickets to a concert Sunday evening. John is going to be so excited!!! We NEVER go to concerts because we can't justify the cost.
  • It is beautiful outside. I think I'm going to drag us all outdoors for a while.
  • Maybe, just maybe, I'll blog about our climbing tree soon. But as Maggie said last night, "I don't want to even think about it yet. It just makes me sad."

No comments: