Tuesday, May 18

And she makes me beautiful.


Another parenting lesson learned through the years: Boys have certain innate things that boys do, and girls have certain innate things they do. It is by design; it just has to be.


Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not much of a girlie girl. Simple probably describes me best. I HARDLY ever wear makeup, not even on Sundays when I'm most dressed up. My girls? Definitely lean a bit on the girlie side. Maggie's a good mix; Ellie is a total princess.

Ellie's latest game of pretend has been to make people "beautiful." She puts "eye polish" on your eyelids with the sweep of a finger. She adds to the beauty with "lips"--what she calls chapstick, lip gloss, and lipstick. It's all lips. Ellie sweeps in, pretends to decorate your face, and then declares you to be beautiful.

And I always remember to tell her that she does indeed make me beautiful.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

You are beautiful - and so is she! Did you make her dress? It's absolutely precious.

amy said...

Love you too Leanne! I did make her dress--it might be my favorite thing I've made in a while...