Sunday, April 11

It's not so bad now.

WARNING: GROSS CUT AHEAD!


So I took the kiddos to Allatoona Pass for a quick hike on Friday without John. We had made it about 3/4 a mile and took a side trail down to the lake. Maggie was walking across a log when the bark cracked, she slipped, and in a quick instant, she fell onto a broken limb protruding from the log. It didn't bleed a lot at first which actually made me worry a little more because I knew that it was dirty. So after skipping rocks for a few minutes at the lake, we turned back and headed to the car. It bled a little as she put pressure on it but still not a whole lot.

We made it back to the car with almost zero drama. They were more sad about heading home than anything, but I didn't have a first aid kit in my car. When we got home I cleaned it, and it started bleeding...After bleeding through two gauze bandages, it finally scabbed over. Now, it's not so bad.

I did learn a valuable lesson, though. I will have a first aid kit on my next hike because my children will always be tempted to walk across logs. How do I know this? Because I am still tempted to walk across logs!

No comments: