Friday, March 26

Today's Guest Reader:

Maggie has been devouring the Harry Potter Books around here lately--so much so that I actually made her take a break and read something smaller and more age appropriate just to give her eyes and her dictionary a break. And as a side note, she is completely fine and normal after reading the books. She will not need counseling, she does not think of God less and wizards more, and I am almost willing to bet she is the complete same coming out as she was going in...I am not sure I will ever understand the hoopla about the horrible influence of Harry Potter. The reality of the world we live in is way scarier and more influential than any book of make believe. It's all about perspective, folks.


Bentley, on the other hand, is tearing through any and all books that even seem the slightest bit readable to him. He is doing rather well with his reading and can't wait to be able to read the Harry Potter books. He is making do in the time being by wearing his glasses EVERYWHERE we go. Yesterday, he wore them to Target, Old Navy, and the shoe store. Today, he wore them while doing school. I have been laughing all day long...


2 comments:

Kim said...

Good perspective! I'm sure it is no more damaging than a fairy tale!

The Brantley's said...

I totally agree! I personally loved the books too!