Monday, February 1

Life Lessons on Love

Love Principle # 1: God's Love Never Lets Go.

I have enjoyed listening to The David Crowder Band sing this truth to me over and over lately. There are so many fundamental truths that I have struggled with this year; I could probably write a book...seriously. And as many times as I have let my mind and heart ponder over the greatness of God, as many times as I have doubted his goodness in it all, I could easily understand if God just wiped his hands clean of me. That's what we do as humans, right? We love people, we sin, someone gets hurt, we sin more, people hurt more, and then eventually, we look up and time has just drifted away. Somehow the wrongs were too wrong, the hurts just hurt too much. The tears and the heartbreak just don't seem worth it anymore. Trust me, I have found myself in this place this year too many times more than I care to confess. I am tired, and I am done. At times, the battle doesn't even seem worth the effort.

Yet, the battle is worth it. There is glory in the struggle regardless of whether our cloudy minds can see it or not. God's love is not like ours. He never lets go. The measure of his love is not proportionally calculated by our failures, our inconsistencies, our sin. He loves despite these things. For me, it is a simple truth that is currently desperately hard to wrap my mind around, but I know it is truth, and I am confident that when this season of my life is over, I will be able to sing with the same confidence:

Ever faithful
Ever true
You I know
You never let go




1 comment:

Kimmer said...

My favorite DCB song right now:

"He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree. Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy...Oh how He love us, so. Oh how He loves us. How he loves us oh"