Sunday, January 3

Resolutions and Goals

Being a former Outreacher and Perimeterite (if you have ever been either, you know what I mean), I always feel an intense need to evaluate my last year and map out a few goals for the new one to come.


Evaluating last year is actually pretty easily done. It was a hard year. I've learned a lot about myself, and even more about God. I met many of my goals, in ways I would have never imagined. It was a growing year; a year in which a lot has been stripped away, and I cannot do anything about it but to watch and see what God will do. And He who is always faithful has been busy.

New goals are not so easy. I read the following somewhere and immediately decided it should be a goal of mine:

Make memories with my children that do not involve the couch.

I just love the way that sounds. I just need to translate it into something measurable. Or maybe it can just be the theme of my upcoming year...so much to think through!

I have decided on a verse to claim for the year--it is a verse I have claimed before, but I think this year it just means more to me than it ever has:

Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.


I should like to hope that at the end of this upcoming year, I will be able to be described as one who has weathered with strength and dignity; one whose faith is strong enough to be able to look ahead with confidence, knowing God is still God and God is still good.

Now the goals to get there? I'm still not so sure about those!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless.

Deb