Wednesday, June 10

How to make our yummy pickles...

...this is for you, Libby...not for you, Frances! :>


I buy pickling cucumbers (or grow them!). If I buy them, I buy about 5-6 lbs.

Slice cucumbers, cover in ice, and refrigerate overnight.

Mix 1 quart vinegar, 2 quarts water, and 3/4 cup of pickling salt. Bring to a rolling boil.

Sterilize your quart jars (sometimes I use pint jars) and put the following in each jar:

2 tbs dill seed
3 garlic pods
2 slices jalapeno

Pack cucumbers in jars.

Pour vinegar solution over cucumbers until jar is 99.9% full.

Seal jars!

These are the best pickles EVER.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, yummy! I am going to have to try some! Thanks, libby

Jeff Holton said...

That's so funny... I just started harvesting my pickling cucumbers, and was beginning to look for an easy pickling recipe. I will definitely give this a try!

amy said...

My kids even eat these--Ellie actually has become a pickle snob and won't eat the store bought ones!