Tuesday, May 5

Spoken in Ellie's World:

Ellie had her friend Emma (two months older) over to play last week. They had a grand time until nap time drew near. Ellie was super-fussy, so I went ahead and put her down before Emma went home. Emma said, "Ellie in a bad mood." I laughed so hard, I cried. It was just too much to hear that out of the mouth of young two year-old.

Some of Ellie's spoken words/phrases (there are really too many to list!):

-tank you
-bess you
-peas (please)
-milk
-cup
-I need...
-potty
-I pee (now if I could get her to say this before...)
-upstairs
-downstairs
-outside
-I pay...(play)
-More, peas
-baby doll
-my....whatever she wishes to be hers
-articles of clothing (shirt, pants, d'ess, socks, shoes)
-body parts
-bow (though she rarely leaves it in her hair)
-chair
-marker
-foods

Really, the list could go on and on...everyday, I find myself laughing at her more and more!

1 comment:

John said...

My fav is "tatch"... This just before she throws something across the room at you. She throws as well as Maggie and almost as well as Bent.