Sunday, August 10

Weekend Update.

Friday night, Maggie had a friend over to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics. We ordered take out Chinese, used chop sticks, and ate our meal in the floor. The kiddos had a blast, and I can't believe how much food they actually ate. It was a great teachable moment--they learned a lot about China, the history of the Olympics, and even the flags of other nations. They were tired, though, and didn't make it to see the torch lit. Truth be told, John and I didn't make it for that either.

Then, shortly after midnight, we woke up to someone crying...that someone not being Ellie. Bentley proceeded to be sick for the next 12-15 hours. John and I had very little sleep, but so far, no one else has been affected.

We stayed in most of yesterday, and I shipped Maggie out so that she would hopefully remain virus-free. I am going to stay home from church with Bent and Ellie this morning, just in case.

I did get some Olympic party pictures, and I'll attempt to add them here this afternoon at some point. I am still very, very tired!

1 comment:

The Tindalls said...

Awww...Sorry he is sick! I hope all is well soon. We missed you at church. Hope to see you this week.
Call us if you need anything.