Tuesday, August 5

A Small Readjustment Period

For those of you who have known John and I for a long time, you know that 9 years ago we were hoping and planning on moving to Thailand. We got married and resisted the whole nesting phase. We tried to not make major purchases or accumulate things we would just have to get rid of...

Two years into the process, we had a major let down in the whole process. To say we were crushed would be a complete understatement. So we began finding our place of ministry right here, and we have been here ever since. But we have always loved Thailand, loved the people, and prayed diligently for the hearts of the Thai people.

This past ten days in Bangkok was unreal-- really a dream for us. To be in the place we love doing the things we love to do. We had a lot of fun, met a lot of people, and really got a feel for the work that MTW is doing there. It is amazing.

And now we are home. I have never missed my kiddos so much. I am glad to be home, and we are just trying to readjust to life here. John is back at work (school starts next week), and I am busy with the house. Ellie is walking, which is so much fun!

I have so much to write about Thailand, so much to share, but I am still processing it all. I imagine I will probably have several posts up in the near future. Until then, you can enjoy these sites:

These are all blogs that I plan on putting in my side bar. They belong to the different MTW staff in Thailand. Enjoy!

2 comments:

angie said...

welcome home! can't wait to hear all of your stories :)

The Tindalls said...

I did not know anything about Thailand until we went but I can say that I know how you feel now that I have been there. The people were awesome and even though I am glad to be home with Emma I miss it. Hang in there you never know what God did in this trip and what his plans are for your future!