Tuesday, July 22

Dearest Mags,


Finally, a birthday letter! This has been such a great year for you. You became an accomplished reader. You learned your addition facts and mastered the fine art of a timed test. You learned to dive into the swimming pool and touch the bottom of the 8 1/2 feet with your hands. You learned (taught yourself, really) to ride two wheels, and you are in the process of flipping yourself all over the place to master a front handspring.

You and I view challenges differently. I like to sit back and take it all in, while you just put it all out there and go for it. You are never easily defeated, and you are certainly quite the individual. I can tell that you are going to be a mover and a shaker. Your drive is sometimes unbelievable.

You are an incredible friend and sister. It is rare that I hear you say something negative about anybody or anything. The whole world is your friend. Your siblings are often your best buddies. Sometimes you and Bentley disappear for hours, and when I sneak into the depths of the yard to find you, you two are deeply engrossed in some sort of imaginative play. It always amazes me.


It is hard for me to believe you are really seven, but I am enjoying watching you grow up! I love you, dear one! Happy 7th Birthday.

Mommy

4 comments:

The Brantley's said...

Wow Amy it seems like just yesterday I was visiting you and we were making baby food for Maggie.

Sherry

L said...

Very sweet. Also, where did you get the leggings? With 3 girls, I need those.
Libby

amy said...

Hey Libby! We LOVE these leggings! I bought them at Target. They are hanging with girls socks. I bought capri length. Ellie has a pair, too. I think I paid about $3.00 a pair. Ever so worth it!

Kimmer said...

What a sweet letter!!